R53 100k service items

Snelheid! hoe kom ik sneller vooruit, door de bocht en weer tot stilstand.
R53CooperS2005
Leerling Mini lid
Leerling Mini lid

R53 100k service items

18 apr 2021, 19:45

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a 2005 Cooper S, it has somewhat of a shoddy service history and thus i have taken the liberty to replace most seals. I wanted to ask, aside from the items replaced below, what else should i do to feel comfortable taking it on long journeys?

Items replaced:
Crank sensor seal
Dipstick seal
cam position sensor seal
oil filter seal
oil cooler seals
valve cover gasket
outer diff seals
thermostat and housing
aluminium expansion tank
oil filter
fuel filter & seals
spark plugs
outer ball joints
inner bushings

the timing chain was replaced 40km ago
Head gasket was replaced at the same time as well as the clutch

Still to do:
crank seals , sump gasket,\
s there anything i am missing ?

ithanks

p.s i have no more oil leaks except the power steering is leaking from somewhere .
nd-photo.nl
Be Mini
Be Mini
Contacteer:

Re: R53 100k service items

22 apr 2021, 14:26

Wheeler Dealers had a nice episode about the 100k service > https://www.topgearbox.com/cars/enterta ... er-s-mc40/

You are basically missing the supercharger service, belt + belt tensioner, idler pulley, coil pack, ht leads. Also consider the coolant expansion tank, coolant refresh, coolant hoses, waterpump, thermostat + housing
nd-photo.nl
Be Mini
Be Mini
Contacteer:

22 apr 2021, 18:49

Also forgetting the crank pulley (if it has never been replaced) and the main seal behind it. I can highly recommend the ATI Super Damper, quite expensive, but worth every penny!

AfbeeldingMini Cooper S R53 JCW Ati Super Damper 2% Overdrive vs Stock pulley by Andy Ramdin, on Flickr

AfbeeldingMini Cooper S R53 JCW ATI Super Damper 2% Overdrive Installation by Andy Ramdin, on Flickr
R53CooperS2005
Leerling Mini lid
Leerling Mini lid

24 apr 2021, 14:52

Thanks for the feedback!

HT leads seem ok, as well as the coil pack for now atleast, might consider a MSD later if necessary.
The idler pully has no play yet but the tensioner is a good idea i think, as well as the tensioner stop from alta. Thermostat and housing have been replaced as well as an aluminium expansion tank. Waterpump still needs to be done.

Regarding the super charger service, i have seen that AC Delco 104041 is most common. However it is fairly expensive here in the netherlands. Can anyone recommend local super charger oil supplier? Or even better a service kit ?

Agreed about the crank pulley, at the moment the rubber looks in decent shape but the crank seel is weeping a bit of oil so that will be replaced. What is the biggest difference you knowticed with the ATI damper? Its a fairly expensive alternative to the stock crank pulley?

Thanks in advance !
nd-photo.nl
Be Mini
Be Mini
Contacteer:

25 apr 2021, 23:09

I would advice against MSD coil packs, even though they can work fine, the normal/OEM coil packs is the best option.

I bought this servicekit (pre-brexit, so little cheaper then) > https://www.ebay.nl/itm/124590783347. If you need just the oil, maybe this shop > https://www.ajspeedshop.nl/a-50895165/l ... rger-olie/

The ATI really dampens well, the biggest change I noticed is how much smoother the engine became. At first I thought the Mini became slower, but then it dawned on me that the power delivery was so much smoother than before. I bought it for improving reliability.

Terug naar “Motor- en onderstel (tuning)”